Chelsea beat Porto 2-0 as Mount and Chilwell score their first in Champions League
SkySports – Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell’s first Champions League goals saw Chelsea beat Porto 2-0 to seize control of their quarter-final first leg in Seville.
Chelsea travelled to the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan in desperate need of a response to Saturday’s drubbing at the hands of West Brom, and Thomas Tuchel’s side delivered.
Mount opened the scoring shortly after the half-hour mark, exquisitely controlling Jorginho’s pass before finishing into the far corner to open his account in Europe’s elite-club competition at the 15th attempt.
On a night of firsts, Chilwell followed in Mount’s footsteps with a stunning first Champions League goal as he intercepted a stray pass, drove into the area, and rounded the Porto goalkeeper five minutes from time.
The victory and two away goals leave Chelsea in complete control of the tie ahead of next week’s return leg at the same venue, where they aim to reach the semi-finals for the first time since 2014.
- एक्सरे मेसिन प्रयोगविहीन हुँदा सेवाग्राही मर्कामा
- In Photos: Fans react in protest to European Super League announcement
- आज चैते दशैँ : नवदुर्गा भगवतीको पूजा आराधना गरी मनाउँदै
- UEFA president slams ‘snakes’ Woodward and Agnelli after Man Utd and Juventus lead Super League proposals
- कर्णालीमा आज सार्वजनिक बिदा
- नेपालगञ्ज मेडिकल कलेजमा उपचारत थप दुईजना कोरोना संक्रमितको मृत्यु
- सरकारले आज पनि बालबालिकालाई भिटामिन ‘ए’ खुवाइँदै
- उपचाररत एक महिलामा कोरोना संक्रमण पुष्टि भएपछि सिरहा अस्पतालको सेवा बन्द
- Nepal win third match against Malaysia by nine wickets in Cricket Tri Series 2021
- European Super League: Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid could be banned from Champions League finals