Govt bringing 20,000 empty oxygen cylinder from China
Kathmandu – The Ministry of Health and Population is working to import 20,000 empty oxygen cylinders from neigbhouring China. The Ministry took such a decision to avert the possible crisis of oxygen cylinders for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
Ministry’s Spokesperson Dr Jageshwor Gautam said that the cylinders are likely to arrive from China next week.
Gautam said that lack of cylinders has caused difficulties though there is no shortage of oxygen in the country. “We don’t have shortage of oxygen. But, it has been difficult to supply oxygen for the patients for lack of cylinders,” Dr Gautam stated.
Likewise, the Ministry has directed the hospitals to remain ready for an accessible management of oxygen while urging the hospitals and general public not to hold the empty cylinders.
At present, oxygen plants have been installed in 30 hospitals across the country with the capacity to generate 2,549 cylinders.
Furthermore, some hospitals have installed liquid oxygen tanks too.
In Nepal, the hospitals have the daily capacity to prepare 6,000 plus cylinders while the oxygen dealers have the capacity of ready 8,000 additional cylinders.
- PM Oli sought cooperation among parties fighting for democracy, NC responds ‘no way’
- Financial picture challenging due to Covid-19: Minister Poudel
- Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: A calm before storm as Zidane and Tuchel give team updates
- Ministry of Health warns overcharging private hospitals, appeals to facilitate amidst crisis
- सीमासँग जोडिएका सिरहाका सबै नाका बन्द
- Emergency blood donation program conducted amidst pandemic
- नेपालमा एकै दिनमा ८ हजार ६५९ जनामा कोरोना संक्रमण,५८ जनाको मृत्यु
- Government hospital at Jhapa admits to be well prepared, massive population at home isolation
- Work on Malung-Syafrubesi road section under ‘Galchi-Rasuwagadhi’ road project halted
- न्यायिक व्यक्तित्व गुमायौ : सर्वोच्च