Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
Skysports – Jose Mourinho has been sacked as head coach of Tottenham, less than a week before Sunday’s Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.
The club confirmed Mourinho and his coaching staff Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra had all been “relieved of their duties”, with Ryan Mason – just 29 – taking charge of training on Monday.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, said: “Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a club.
Mourinho had been in charge at Spurs since November 2019, replacing Mauricio Pochettino, signing a deal until the end of the 2023 season.
In his first campaign, Mourinho took Tottenham from 14th in the Premier League to finish sixth – securing Europa League qualification – but were knocked out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage by RB Leipzig.
Mourinho leaves Spurs seventh in the table, five points off the Champions League places.
- PM Oli sought cooperation among parties fighting for democracy, NC responds ‘no way’
- Financial picture challenging due to Covid-19: Minister Poudel
- Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: A calm before storm as Zidane and Tuchel give team updates
- Ministry of Health warns overcharging private hospitals, appeals to facilitate amidst crisis
- सीमासँग जोडिएका सिरहाका सबै नाका बन्द
- Emergency blood donation program conducted amidst pandemic
- नेपालमा एकै दिनमा ८ हजार ६५९ जनामा कोरोना संक्रमण,५८ जनाको मृत्यु
- Government hospital at Jhapa admits to be well prepared, massive population at home isolation
- Work on Malung-Syafrubesi road section under ‘Galchi-Rasuwagadhi’ road project halted
- न्यायिक व्यक्तित्व गुमायौ : सर्वोच्च