European Super League: Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid could be banned from Champions League finals
Skysports – Man City, Chelsea, and Real Madrid could be banned from playing in Champions League semi-finals after signing up for European Super League leaving only PSG; Arsenal and Man Utd remain in Europa League; UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin says unclear if the clubs can stay in the competitions
Breakaway Super League clubs Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea could be banned from this season’s Champions League semi-finals, UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller said.
The trio are part of the 12 clubs who announced on Sunday they were setting up a breakaway European Super League, a move which has drawn widespread criticism.
Real Madrid are due to face Chelsea and Manchester City are drawn against Paris Saint-Germain – who have not agreed to join the breakaway league.
Arsenal and Manchester United, who have also signed up to the plans, remain in the Europa League.
The six Premier League clubs involved – Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham – have all declined Sky Sports News’ invitation to respond to the story.
In an interview with Danish broadcaster DR, Moller, who is head of the Danish FA, said: “There is an extraordinary executive meeting on Friday where I expect the 12 clubs to be thrown out.
“I think that we, who love football, have had it. Someone has to draw the line and find out which way the clubs should go. We owe it to our fans and everyone who loves football.
“The clubs should be thrown out and I expect it to happen on Friday. Then we will see how the Champions League will finish.
“I don’t think they can do it to the fans and to everyone who loves football.
- PM Oli sought cooperation among parties fighting for democracy, NC responds ‘no way’
- Financial picture challenging due to Covid-19: Minister Poudel
- Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: A calm before storm as Zidane and Tuchel give team updates
- Ministry of Health warns overcharging private hospitals, appeals to facilitate amidst crisis
- सीमासँग जोडिएका सिरहाका सबै नाका बन्द
- Emergency blood donation program conducted amidst pandemic
- नेपालमा एकै दिनमा ८ हजार ६५९ जनामा कोरोना संक्रमण,५८ जनाको मृत्यु
- Government hospital at Jhapa admits to be well prepared, massive population at home isolation
- Work on Malung-Syafrubesi road section under ‘Galchi-Rasuwagadhi’ road project halted
- न्यायिक व्यक्तित्व गुमायौ : सर्वोच्च