Ronaldo strikes late double to see off Udinese
BBC Sports – Cristiano Ronaldo scored two late goals to inspire Juventus to a vital victory at Udinese.
Andrea Pirlo’s side fell behind to Nahuel Molina’s early goal and barely threatened for long spells.
But Ronaldo won and converted a penalty before clinically heading home in the 89th minute.
The result moves Juve into third in Serie A and gives them breathing space in the race for Champions League qualification.
Five points separate five teams between second and sixth with only the top four qualifying for the Champions League.
Inter secured the Serie A title earlier, officially denying Juve the record 10th successive title that had been out of their reach for some time.
Draws for Napoli and Atalanta offered a chance for Pirlo’s team to seize the Champions League initiative, an opportunity they took in the last 10 minutes.
Despite this result, rookie manager Pirlo still faces a stiff task in the final fixtures – including against AC Milan next week and champions Inter in the penultimate game – to ensure Juve are playing Champions League football next season.
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (Agg: 3-1): Chelsea set up all-English Champions League final showdown with Man City
- PM Oli sought cooperation among parties fighting for democracy, NC responds ‘no way’
- Financial picture challenging due to Covid-19: Minister Poudel
- Chelsea Vs Real Madrid: A calm before storm as Zidane and Tuchel give team updates
- Ministry of Health warns overcharging private hospitals, appeals to facilitate amidst crisis
- सीमासँग जोडिएका सिरहाका सबै नाका बन्द
- Emergency blood donation program conducted amidst pandemic
- नेपालमा एकै दिनमा ८ हजार ६५९ जनामा कोरोना संक्रमण,५८ जनाको मृत्यु
- Government hospital at Jhapa admits to be well prepared, massive population at home isolation
- Work on Malung-Syafrubesi road section under ‘Galchi-Rasuwagadhi’ road project halted